While some of us aren’t as creative as others, and we may not all have a particularly steady hand, there are still some basic tips and tricks that can help you out when it comes to carving the perfect pumpkin:
- When picking out a pumpkin to carve, choose one that has a flat base. This way, it will be able to stand on its own while being carved.
- Purchase high-quality carving tools, which will make it much easier to create clean, precise cuts.
- Get some pattern inspiration from Pinterest or Google Images, or you can even print all kinds of clever jack-o-lantern stencils
- Consider purchasing two pumpkins so that you can practice on one, testing out your skills, before you carve your chosen pumpkin.
- Lastly – if you’re truly terrible at carving, consider simply drawing or painting a face onto a pumpkin for an equally festive look.
Do you have any other pumpkin-carving ideas? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.