Our dealership—located in Morristown, Tennessee—is less than half an hour away from one of the most beautiful areas north of Gatlinburg: Panther Creek State Park. While not as famous as the Smoky Mountains, this 1,400-acre preservation is brimming with nature and wildlife. Plan to spend the weekend there, because there are plenty of things to do at Panther Creek State Park.
- Cherokee Reservoir: You could spend the whole day on the lake boating and fishing (for bass, bluegill, or catfish).
- Hiking: There are 17 various hiking and biking trails, ranging from beginner-level to difficult. Most of them offer incredible views of the area. A favorite is Point Lookout Trail that extends 1,460 feet above sea level.
- Camping: Connect with nature by spending the night at one of the 50+ campsites in the park. Stations include water, electric hookups, picnic tables, fire rings, and grills.
- Horseback Riding: Currently, there are over seven miles of well-maintained horseback riding trails, with more on the way.
- Swimming: Families will love the large swimming pool that’s on the state park grounds.
Panther Creek State Park is beautiful year round and—because it’s so close to Morristown Ford— it should be your next destination.